DIY a SID Synth

We are analog guys but we grow up with Commodore64 tunes . Our goal here is to document the assembling of a SID Synth, a synth based on the SID chip. The SID was the chip used inside the Commodore64 console. Have a look! Comments are welcome!

23 August 2009

SID_News_2

Today I built the DINx1 Module. Is the module that permit push buttons connections to the Core module. I mounted resistors, SIL pins and IC cage on a veroboard.
Then I've make all the connections between the Core and the SID modules.
After that I've started to test the modules, but no lucky. Something goes wrong, an expected 5v didn't appear (on the Core IC) so now I've to check all the components.

SID module, pink and gray cables are recycled from an old TV; they are both shielded, like the RCA, because audio signal passes thru them.

  
Side to side of the DINx1 Module.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home